Monday, November 1, 2010

We're On Our Way!!

Disclaimer: there’s a good chance that this post is going to be a lot of word vomit.
As you know, we’re not very good with the updates… we’ll try to do better once we’re on the ground in Cambodia and feel like there’s stuff going on that is actually of interest to more than three people.  I love reading people’s blogs or facebook posts/notes that are really well written and inspirational or informative (yes, I know I’m a nerd). If you are one of those people who enjoy that sort of thing then…
Second Disclaimer: this most likely won’t be any of those and most of the things I write won’t be… I think I’m just going to go for what I’m thinking or what I would say if I were having coffee with you.
Right now I’m sitting on a plane over the ocean somewhere between Texas and Moscow. I’ve watched a movie and a half, two TV shows, eaten dinner, and drank what was likely one of my last diet coke’s for the next year… If I remember correctly its coke light from here on out. Not quite the same but fizzy, cold, caffeine goodness none the less. I know, exciting stuff and most likely not the last time you’ll hear about my diet coke (and caffeine in general) addiction. (Thanks mom for supporting that habit and sending me with money to purchase my caffeine in a can... the French press was one of the first things I packed.) I’ve practiced washing clothes in the sink already thanks to the chocolate falling out of my Milano cookie and landing on my shirt. It was definitely a good call to wear a tank under the shirt that is now drying on the back of my chair. (See total randomness but, I warned you.)
On a slightly more serious note I just want to say thank you for what I feel like is the one millionth time! I always knew I had really good friends but, y’all have just totally amazed me with the amount of love and support that has been given to Lauren and I. There isn’t any way I could ever express how much you all mean…. I know I’ve been a little crazy the last several weeks (okay, maybe months) and everyone has been so understanding. Sunday morning I was reminded of that once again. Every hug, prayer, kind word, card, and smile means so much! I know we probably didn’t look to excited leaving but trust me; we are looking forward to being in Cambodia like you wouldn’t believe… it’s just the goodbyes that are hard because we love you all. I’m truly grateful for each and every one of you God has placed in my life!
Like I said, we’ll try to update more often to give a glimpse into what we’re doing once we get to Cambodia. Please keep us in your prayers as we adjust to our new home and for Sokhom and his family as they open their home to us. If there’s any way we can pray specifically for you please let us know. (Send us an email or message on facebook.)

-Tamara
(Sending from the Moscow airport)

1 comment:

  1. Tamara, sometimes just the notes that are written from the heart and on the run, or off the fly or whatever the term is nowadays, are the best blogs! I am glad that you two were able to enjoy your time with the Stunz family! They are AMAZING hosts! I know, I went, I loved, I left and I cried...(Andrea is my sister)! They have such wonderful hearts for Jesus Christ it is what makes them extra special! I pray you safely land, find peace in your new home, love the children for those of us that have not yet had the opportunity to visit Cambodia, but have the heart to go, and lastly I pray that you always know that you can do anything through Christ, who strengthens you! AMEN! (and don't forget to let Andrea know if you need anything, she's only a couple hours away...like a quick trip to New Braunfels! heehee) Let her know if there's anything needed or if you just need to get away for a short weekend...They would LOVE to have you both back anytime! They might be needing the company just as much as you girls!
    God bless you for "walking the walk" and planting seeds of hope for the children and the villages around them. Please let Sokhom know that we are praying for him and his family and the orphanage every day! Be safe, be well, and be a bible to those children!
    hugs from Texas,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete